6 am in Greece and Venizelos is about to board a plane to Brussels. According to The Guardian a deal was going to be done for sure before his take off. You know - any minute now... The Guardian was wrong. From Bloomberg:
- VENIZELOS SAYS TIME OF RESPONSIBILITY FOR ALL
- VENIZELOS SAYS STILL ISSUES THAT MUST BE DETERMINED
- VENIZELOS SAYS ALL ISSUES AGREED EXCEPT FOR ONE
And here it is:
- VENIZELOS SAYS HOPES EUROGROUP WILL TAKE POSITIVE DECISION
Because hope is just so much more efficient than prayer when it comes to strategic planning for one's insolvent population.
- VENIZELOS ENDS STATEMENTS TO REPORTERS IN ATHENS