The mystery of the disappearance of Malaysian flight MH-370 may remain forever, but at least the families of the 162 victims of AirAsia Flight QZ8501 will get some closure when a few hours ago, Indonesian rescuers pulled wreckage and bodies from the sea off the coast of Borneo on Tuesday. While the plane has yet to be found, and the possibility of finding survivors is slim, the Indonesian navy said some 40 bodies had been recovered as dusk fell.

The search had included 30 ships and 21 aircraft from
South Korea, Singapore, Malaysia, Australia and Indonesia
"The warship Bung Tomo has retrieved 40 bodies and the number is growing. They are very busy now," said a navy spokesman.

A search and rescue worker loads body bags onto a
flight to Kalimantan in Pangkal Pinang, Bangka
They were found in the Java Sea about six miles (10km) from where the plane last communicated with air traffic control.

An aerial view of Belitung, the search area for the missing AirAsia plane
As SkyNews reports [8], search chief SB Supriyadi also said an air force Hercules had "found an object described as a shadow at the bottom of the sea in the form of a plane".

Indonesian air force crew members were involved in the search
Objects spotted earlier have also been confirmed as wreckage from the plane and some have been taken away by helicopter for testing.

This aerial view over the Java Sea shows floating objects
AirAsia boss Tony Fernandes said he was rushing to the scene and wrote on Twitter: "My heart is filled with sadness for all the families involved in QZ 8501.
"On behalf of AirAsia my condolences to all. Words cannot express how sorry I am."
On board Flight QZ8501 were 155 Indonesians, three South Koreans, and one person each from Singapore, Malaysia and Britain. The co-pilot was French.
According to Reuters [9], pictures of floating bodies were broadcast on television and relatives of the missing gathered at a crisis center in Surabaya wept with heads in their hands. Several people collapsed in grief and were helped away, a Reuters reporter said.

Relatives at Surabaya airport weep as they receive news that
bodies have been found in the hunt for the missing plane
"You have to be strong," the mayor of Surabaya, Tri Rismaharini, said as she comforted relatives.
"They are not ours, they belong to God."
A navy spokesman said a plane door, oxygen tanks and one body had been recovered and taken away by helicopter for tests.
And the latest news from BBG in what is now set to a tragic ending:
- INDONESIA INVITES AIRASIA ENGINEERS TO CONFIRM FOUND OBJECTS
- INDONESIA SAYS THREE BODIES RETRIVIED FROM ACCIDENT SITE
- INDONESIA SAYS ROUGH SEA HAMPERING RECOVERY PROCESS
- INDONESIA REQUESTING ADDITIONAL TWO DIVE TEAMS FROM NAVY
- INDONESIA WILL UPDATE RECOVERY PROCESS AT 8-9 AM TOMORROW
- INDONESIA WILL BRING BODIES TO SURABAYA FOR IDENTIFICATION
