Contributing Editors' Blog Entries

williambanzai7's picture

To DeFauLT, or NoT To DeFauLT

default Whether 'tis nobler at this time to sufferThe slings and arrows of outrageous financial misfortune, Or to take arms against a sea of rising debts


Luc Vallee's picture

Policy for a Balance Sheet Recession

Balance Sheet Recession Recession Economists will long debate the efficacy of our traditional policy response but, whatever the results so far, there are constraints that place severe limitations on the effectiveness of such policy going forward. The US deficit and the trajectory of US spending is unsustainably high and, as the late economist Herbert Stein famously observed, “what cannot last, will not do so”. Any further fiscal stimulus risks pushing US finances past the tipping point, which would be a reckless gamble. At near zero short term interest rates, traditional monetary policy has become impotent, QE has been...


Bruce Krasting's picture

On More QE and the Recession that won’t end

Recession The recession still has not ended, but Bernanke's hands are tied by inflation.


EconMatters's picture

A U.S. Sovereign Credit Downgrade Is No Laughing Matter

Sen. John kerry comments that the Chinese "are laughing all the way to the bank" on a downgrading of US Treasury securities.  China owns about 8% of the U.S. debt, so does that mean the rest of 92% debtors, including the U.S. taxpayer, would also be "laughing"?  


thetrader's picture

What Happens When A Paper Currency Fails?

Hyperinflation.....


williambanzai7's picture

BaNaNa AMeRiKa con't

The Banana Debt Republic saga continues


Luc Vallee's picture

How China Ate America's Lunch

China In 1978, the year China emerged onto the world stage with its four modernizations, China, a country with four times the population of the United States, had a paltry gross domestic product of $216 billion, less than eight percent of the United States. China exposed her strategy of four modernizations to the world as if to say, “Please invest in China and we will ensure that our workforce is educated, and that our business infrastructure is stable for your investment.” Yet, this openly expressed strategy, that may have seemed to the rest of the world as a difficult but noble goal for China to...


Vitaliy Katsenelson's picture

Pyrrhic Victory and Q&A with Kirk Report



4closureFraud's picture

Former Bondi Foreclosure Fraud Investigators June Clarkson & Theresa Edwards Live on Air WDJA 1420AM Saturday from 8-10 am EDT

Citizen Warriors Radio | Foreclosure Fraud Special w/ June Clarkson & Theresa Edwards Hosted by Michael @ 4closureFraud.org and Lisa @ ForeclosureHamlet.org


Econophile's picture

The Budget Debate Fraud

Everything about the budget debate is a fraud. The drop dead date is a fraud. The "cuts" are a fraud. The threat of economic collapse is a fraud. Forget all the "can't we just get along" rhetoric. US sovereign debt ratings will be cut sooner or later. The only way we will get a balanced budget amendment is to shut it down.


thetrader's picture

Charts Update before you consider selling the panic

Some Charts before you panic by www.thetrader.se


Leo Kolivakis's picture

Oklahoma's AG Launches Pensions Investigation

Oklahoma Oklahoma's AG, Scott Pruitt, launched an investigation on Thursday into whether financial institutions are properly handling state pension funds...


Bruce Krasting's picture

On UBS and the FHFA Lawsuit

Watch this suit. The big USA financials are going to get hit on the head.


rcwhalen's picture

Black Friday and the end of risk free returns

Black Friday As we learned working in Mexico in the 1980s and 1990s, the world of debt defaults and fiscal crises inevitably results in strong inflation, but a big part of the inflationary process is perception.  Think of this week as the point in the learning curve when Washington started getting the attention of the entire nation and world -- a year before the next election


Do NOT follow this link or you will be banned from the site!