Billionaires Invest In Gold
by Visual Capitalist
There are always lessons that can be learned from the “smart money”.
Source: Visual Capitalist
Unlike regular investors, billionaire money managers like Ray Dalio and Stan Druckenmiller are professional investors. They have entire institutional teams at their disposal, dive deep into the nuances and complexities of the market, and spend every waking moment of their lives thinking about how to get more from their investments.
They want to make money – but they also want to execute on strategies that will protect their wealth and build robust portfolios that can withstand any type of macro event.
In recent months, some of these elite investors have turned to precious metals like gold as a part of their overall investment strategies.
In the following infographic from Sprott Physical Bullion Trusts, Visual Capitalist explain why these investors are adding precious metals to their portfolios, the underlying tactics, and the best quotes each investor has on assessing today’s market.
Why do these billionaires buy gold?
Their cited reasons can basically be summed up with six categories: wealth preservation, store of value, inflation hedge, portfolio diversification, future upside, and investment fundamentals.
What Billionaire Investors Are Doing?
1. Lord Jacob Rothschild
In late summer 2016, Rothschild announced changes to the RIT Partners portfolio because he was worried about very low interest rates, negative yields, and quantitative easing, saying they are part of the “greatest monetary experiment in monetary policy in the history of the world”.
His solution? Buy gold to help preserve wealth, and as a store of value for the future.
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
15 Jun: USD 1,260.25, GBP 992.57 & EUR 1,127.67 per ounce
14 Jun: USD 1,268.25, GBP 995.83 & EUR 1,131.41 per ounce
13 Jun: USD 1,261.30, GBP 992.26 & EUR 1,125.33 per ounce
12 Jun: USD 1,269.25, GBP 998.14 & EUR 1,131.28 per ounce
09 Jun: USD 1,274.25, GBP 1,001.31 & EUR 1,139.18 per ounce
08 Jun: USD 1,284.80, GBP 992.12 & EUR 1,142.70 per ounce
07 Jun: USD 1,292.70, GBP 1,001.07 & EUR 1,146.62 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
15 Jun: USD 16.86, GBP 13.19 & EUR 15.10 per ounce
14 Jun: USD 16.96, GBP 13.32 & EUR 15.14 per ounce
13 Jun: USD 16.82, GBP 13.21 & EUR 15.01 per ounce
12 Jun: USD 17.13, GBP 13.50 & EUR 15.27 per ounce
09 Jun: USD 17.35, GBP 13.60 & EUR 15.52 per ounce
08 Jun: USD 17.60, GBP 13.60 & EUR 15.67 per ounce
07 Jun: USD 17.60, GBP 13.64 & EUR 15.71 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
- Brexit and UK election impact UK housing
- In Gold we Trust: Must See Gold Charts and Research
- Pension Funds, Sovereign Wealth Funds, Central Banks “Stock Up” on Gold “Amid Uncertainty”
- 4 Charts Show Gold May Be Heading Much Higher
- Gold in Pounds Surges 1.5% To £1,001/oz – UK Political Turmoil Likely
- Gold Prices Steady On UK Election Risk; ECB Meeting and Geopolitical Risk
- Gold Breaks 6-Year Downtrend On Safe Haven and 50% Surge In Chinese Demand
- Deposit Bail In Risk as Spanish Bank’s Stocks Crash
- Terrorist attacks see Gold Stay Firm
- Trust in the Bigger Picture, Trust in Gold
- Trump, UK and the Middle East drive uncertainty
- Is China manipulating the gold market?
- Why Sharia Gold and Bitcoin Point to a Change in Views