- GDP down -6.1% on -4.7% consensus; CNBC: "This is better than it looks"
- Fed finds at least 6 of 19 banks need to raise capital (Bloomberg); As Zero Hedge expected two months ago, creeping equitization is the new black
- US sees first death from swine flu (WSJ)
- Flawed credit ratings reap profits as regulators fail investors (Bloomberg)
- The fight for 17% of the U.S. economy (Forbes)
- Ed Altman says distressed debt to slide further (Bloomberg)
- A reality check for economic optimism (WaPo)
- Time for bank creditors to share the pain (NYT)
- SocGen chairman to resign (FT)
- Gasparino: Bank of America smackdown (Daily Beast)
- Europe's largest port may run out of space to store oil (Bloomberg)
- Financial carnage on campus (Bloomberg)
Frontrunning: April 29
No comments yet! Be the first to add yours.