Following the epic rap battle we noted yesterday, today saw probably the greatest, most enthralling and at the same time most pathetic segment on CNBC (which may or may not have been taken over by Jerry Springer's desperate for ratings producers) ever as 'Bullshitting' Bill Ackman took on 'Cry-baby' Carl Icahn in a no-holds-barred discussion that covered everything from religion, ethics, trust, blasphemy, greed, desperation, and independence. CNBC's Scott Wapner found himself in the middle of a clash of the titans. The full clip has to be seen to be believed but our bevvy of quotes, tweets, and quips should summarize what happens when two Billionaire BSDs get into a pissing competition live on TV.
and this is the SOPHISTICATED money— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 25, 2013
When you can't generate alpha, you go on TV (and lever beta to the max)— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 25, 2013
- *ICAHN SAYS HE 'HAS HAD WITH THIS GUY ACKMAN'
- *ACKMAN SAYS ICAHN CHOOSE TO SUE HIM CAUSE HE IS A 'BULLY'
- *ACKMAN SAYS LOEB WILL LOSE 'ENTIRE INVESTMENT'IF LONG HERBALIFE
- *ACKMAN ON ICAHN: NOT A GOOD REPUTATION AS A `HANDSHAKE GUY'
- *ACKMAN TELLS CNBC ICAHN 'DID ME A FAVOR' BY 'PICKING ON ME'
Ackman is down $30 MM on HLF during this interview— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 25, 2013
- *ICAHN SAYS ACKMAN TAKES 'INORDINATE RISK'
- *ACKMAN: ICAHN IS 'GREAT INVESTOR' BUT 'DOES NOT KEEP HIS WORD'
- *ICAHN: HLF 'MAY ONE DAY BE THE MOTHER OF ALL SHORT SQUEEZES'
- *ICAHN SAYS WOULDN'T INVEST WITH ACKMAN IF 'LAST MAN ON EARTH'
Jerry Springer: "My job here is done"— zerohedge (@zerohedge) January 25, 2013
Part 1 - Ackman...
Part 2 - Icahn calls in and the real screaming begins: