The only sane central banker in the world, the Bundesbank's Jens Weidmann, take the prize for today's quote of the day with the following:
- ECB'S WEIDMANN WISHES JAPAN `GOOD LUCK IN THEIR EXPERIMENTS'
So do we. They will need it.
And some other pearls from his speech:
- WEIDMANN: JAPAN SHOWS MONETARY POLICY CAN BE PUSHED INTO DIFFICULT SPOT
- WEIDMANN: COUNTRIES MUST RESPECT THE RULES OF MONETARY UNION
- WEIDMANN SAYS ASKING ECB TO CALM MARKETS CREATES A WEAK EUROPE
- WEIDMANN SAYS STATE INSOLVENCIES MUST BE POSSIBLE IN EURO AREA
And now cue the Princetonians.