Update and some comedic relief:
- TEPCO SAYS NO ABNORMALITY AT FUKUSHIMA PLANT AFTER QUAKE: KYODO
Now why would TEPCO possibly lie about something like that?
* * *
How could the Fed have known?
- EARTHQUAKE REPORTED TO HAVE HIT AT 02:25:09 JAPAN TIME: JMA
- JAPAN EARTHQUAKE MAGNITUDE 5.8, AGENCY SAYS
- JAPAN EARTHQUAKE LEVEL 5+ ON JAPANESE SCALE OF 7 IN FUKUSHIMA
- NO TSUNAMI ALERT FROM JMA AFTER THE QUAKE
Reporting on location from Japan:
M5.8 quake hits Fukushima at depth of 20 km. Strong shaking along coast. Checking w/ Tepco on Fukushima Daiichi nuclear plant. No tsunami.— Hiroko Tabuchi (@HirokoTabuchi) September 19, 2013
Shaking intensity map for M5.8 quake that just hit Fukushima. Strongest in Iwaki, where many nuclear workers based pic.twitter.com/D3LPcx9Y46— Hiroko Tabuchi (@HirokoTabuchi) September 19, 2013
Of course, we are sure Abe will just rebuild it all, ringfence it with another ice-wall, and welcome athletes from all around the world to his 'stable' nation.