As we predicted, the scandal surrounding yesterday's leaked recording of Turkish PM Erdogan urging his son to hide massive amounts of money, is about to get worse. Because not only was the government caught lying, again, after the authenticity of the tape has been confirmed, but now it appears that even more evidence is forthcoming. So much so, that the main opposition leader is urging Erdogan to get on a helicopter and "flee."
The headline soundbites:
- KILICDAROGLU TO PLAY ERDOGAN TAPE RECORDINGS IN PARLIAMENT
- HABERTURK, NTV CUT BROADCAST OF OPPOSITION LEADER PLAYING TAPES
- KILICDAROGLU SAYS AUDIO ENGINEERS CONFIRM AUTHENCITY OF TAPES
- KILICDAROGLU: WE ARE FACING A PM WHO IS ROBBING HIS NATION
- KILICDAROGLU SAYS ERDOGAN'S THEFT IS NO LONGER A `STATE SECRET'
- KILICDAROGLU: LEGITIMACY OF GOVT IS OVER, THIEVE CAN'T BE PM
Main opposition CHParty leader Kilicdaroglu: we confirmed that these recordings are as solid/accurate as Ararat Mountain..— ilhan tanir (@WashingtonPoint) February 25, 2014
#Wow! CHP leader Kilicdaroglu: there will be other evidences come forward..so my advice to Erdogan, take a helicopter & flee the country!!— ilhan tanir (@WashingtonPoint) February 25, 2014
And in Ankara:
- TURKEY POLICE FIRE TEAR GAS AT STUDENT PROTESTERS IN ANKARA
Looks like the EM crisis is creeping back. Keep an eye on the Turkish Lira - the Turkish central bank may have its hands full keeping a bid in there.