It appears Russia 'retaliation' continues for the 'costs' imposed by the West on Putin and his people (Russia +28%, S&P +6% since sanctions). Putin looks set to take on both EU and US as RT reports that Russian MPs are preparing a bill to ban the use of US consulting companies in Russia; and then Ukraine's Naftogaz says Russia's Gazprom seeks to end its accord on daily gas transit - a move which could threaten EU gas supplies. The US put its best man forward to respond and Treasury Secretary Jack Lew thretatened "US is ready to act" on Russia if Ukraine escalates...
Russia retaliation #1:
MP Yevgeniy Fyodorov of the United Russia party is preparing a bill that would ban state-owned companies from using services of American consulting firms, Russia Today reports.
Russia retaliation #2:
- *UKRAINE: GAZPROM SEEKS TO END ACCORD ON DAILY TRANSIT BALANCE
- *NAFTOGAZ SAYS GAZPROM MOVE MAY THREATEN EU GAS TRANSIT
- *NAFTOGAZ: GAZPROM TO END ACCORD ON DAILY BALANCING JUNE 23
Jack lew warns...
- *U.S. WOULD BE READY TO SEEK FURTHER RUSSIA SANCTIONS, LEW SAYS
- *U.S. READY TO ACT ON RUSSIA IF UKRAINE ESCALATES, LEW SAYS
But we suspect Russia is not quaking...