Grab your popcorn as The Socialist Singularity comes to be... We are sure Steve Liesman will ask his 'economics reporter' questions while cow-towing to his glorious leader's position on job-destroying 'minimum wage' increases, unpatriotic (though legal) inversions, Fed-driven inequality, and the massive and unprecedented divergence between "bubble" markets and the minions that make it up... always remember "debt-is-good" but "hope-is-better."
Some earlier comments:
- *OBAMA SAYS INTL BUSINESS LEADERS SEE U.S. AS PLACE TO INVEST
- *OBAMA SAYS AMERICANS NEED MORE JOB TRAINING FOR OPEN JOBS
- *OBAMA SAYS COMPANIES RENOUNCING U.S. CITIZENSHIP TO AVOID TAXES
- *OBAMA: SOME PEOPLE CALL THOSE COMPANIES `CORPORATE DESERTERS'
- *OBAMA SAYS TAXPAYERS FOOT BILL FOR COS. WITH EVASIVE TAX PLANS
- *OBAMA SAYS CORPORATE INVERSIONS ARE `WRONG' EVEN IF LEGAL
- *OBAMA SAYS TAX REFORM CAN PREVENT INVERSIONS, GAMING
- *OBAMA: U.S. SHOULD REWARD COS. PAYING FAIR SHARE IN U.S.
- *OBAMA SAYS HE'S INTERESTED IN `ECONOMIC PATRIOTISM'
Some helpful illustrations as you watch...
Markets vs Minions...
And the greatest irony for Obama...
Inequality in the U.S. today is near its historical highs, largely because the Federal Reserve’s policies have succeeded in achieving their aim: namely, higher asset prices (especially the prices of stocks, bonds and high-end real estate), which are generally owned by taxpayers in the upper-income brackets. The Fed is doing all the work, because the President’s policies are growth-suppressive. In the absence of the Fed’s moneyprinting and ZIRP, the economy would either be softer or actually in a new recession.
The greatest irony is that the President is railing against inequality as one of the most important problems of the day, despite the fact that his policies are squeezing the middle class and causing the Fed – with the President’s encouragement – to engage in the radical monetary policy, which is exacerbating inequality. This simple truth cannot be repeated often enough.
And lastly some helpful advice for the masses...
"Don’t let the cynics get you down. Cynicism is a choice, and hope is a better choice." —President Obama #OpportunityForAll— The White House (@WhiteHouse) July 24, 2014