With "recoveries" like these who needs staged, false flag conflicts and wars covering over 10% of the globe? Well, socialist France for one which moments ago announced that total jobless rose from 3.389 million to 3.398 million, a new record high. Surprisingly, while the year-over-year unemployment change for people under 25 declined by 3.1%, it was workers 25-49 which saw a material 3.3% increase in joblessness, but it was workers aged 50 and older that saw a veritable surge in unemployment, rising by 11.5% from a year ago. Surely, just like in the US, this is due to young people retiring in droves.
The number of people without a job in France rose in June to yet another record in the latest blow to President Francois Hollande's efforts to get unemployment falling.
The Labour Ministry said the jobless total in mainland France rose by 9,400 last month to 3,398,300, up 0.3 percent over one month and 4.0 percent over one year.
Hollande has seen his popularity collapse to record lows for a French president as he failed to live up to promises to get unemployment declining.
The Socialist leader is counting on plans to phase out 30 billion euros ($40.29 billion) in payroll tax on companies to get them investing and hiring.
In one ray of light for the job market, the Labour Ministry said the number of job offers received by the state employment agency had risen 5.4 percent in June from May.
The good news for France, which like Venezuela is on its way to becoming another socialist utopia, is that it sill has headlines like these to look forward to:
- Venezuela Bolivar Devalues 89% in Start of New FX Market
- Venezuela Devalues Bolivar By Another 44% For Some, Still 600% Higher Than Black Market Due To 50% Inflation
- Venezuela's Maduro Averts Military Coup, Arrests Three Air Force Generals
- Venezuela About To Run Out Of Food Despite Fresh All Time High In Its Stock Market
- Venezuela Sets New "Fair" Prices For Chicken, Sugar, Rice & Coffee
- Socialist Paradise Central Planning In Action: Venezuela Looting Edition
- Venezuela Plunges Into Darkness As President Maduro Lays Out Socialist Vision On National TV
- No Spaghetti For You: Venezuela Noodle Maker Halts Production Due To Lack Of Dollars
- No Drinking Water In Venezuela Until Bankers Get Paid Back
- Venezuela Runs Out Of Toilet Paper
- Breathing The Air In Venezuela? Prepare To Pay
- Venezuela's Transformation To Socialist Utopia Is Nearly Complete As Its Factories Grind To A Halt
And now, time for France to engage in another meaningless conflict in west Africa.