The Audit Function assists the Bank's Board of Directors and senior management in the effective discharge of their fiduciary responsibilities by assessing the adequacy and effectiveness of the controls within Bank business areas over (1) financial reporting, (2) effectiveness and deficiency of operations, and (3) compliance with laws and regulations, and the adequacy of the Bank's risk management and governance processes.
- Plan and conduct audits of various Federal Reserve Bank operations to assess the adequacy and effectiveness of its internal controls.
- Develop knowledge of the risk applicable to the operations in order to create formal risk profiles and identify appropropriate risk-based audit scopes.
- Develop understanding of the Bank’s businesses and department interrelationships; and apply this knowledge to form appropriate conclusions on the efficiency and effectiveness of business processes.
- Prepare complete, clear, and concise workpaper documentation and audit memos that reflect timely and relevant analysis and recommendations.
- Complete assignments within established timeframes
- Communicate the audit results to Audit and Bank senior management verbally and in a formal
- BS/BA undergraduate degree
- Minimum 2 years of internal audit experience, preferably with strong knowledge of business process risks and controls. Knowledge of cash vault operations or Federal Reserve Bank cash processing a plus
- Certified Internal Auditor (CIA) designation or a willingness to complete a program to obtain certification within 1 year of the hiring date
- Team player capable of building teamwork, as well as, collaborative relationships with operations management throughout the organization
- Strong critical thinking, analytical, written, and verbal communication skills
- Proficient in the use of PC applications and automated analysis tools and
- Ability to travel up to 25- 30% to other sites within the Twelfth Federal Reserve District, and to other Banks in the Federal Reserve System.
* * *