While the 'market' has rallied to record highs this morning, "proving" to some talking-heads that this cease-fire is real this time, it appears Ukraine's Prime Minister Arseniy Yatsenyuk isn't buying it...
- *YATSENYUK SAYS NO 'TRUST' IN PUTIN'S PEACE PLAN FOR UKRAINE
- *RUSSIA VIOLATED OR IGNORED ALL PRIOR AGREEMENTS, YATSENYUK SAYS
- *PUTIN SEEKING TO RUIN UKRAINE, RESTORE SOVIET UNION: YATSENYUK
So that would be the opposite of what the 'market' is pricing in? Of course, what does Ukraine's PM know... the market is efficient after all, right?
Yatsenyuk goes on to note:
- *PUTIN PEACE PLAN AIMS TO FREEZE CONFLICT IN UKRAINE: YATSENYUK
- *UKRAINE AWAITS EU, NATO DECISION TO STOP 'AGGRESSOR': YATSENYUK
* * *
So "stopping the aggressor" and "seeking to ruin" Ukraine do not seem like de-escalation-y talk to us?