As if like clockwork, on the heels of news from Russia of plans to shift their military doctrine towards pre-emptive reactions (and potential nuclear strikes), the NATO Summit has come out swinging with it's own plan change:
- *GEN. BRADSHAW, NATO’S DEPUTY SUPREME COMMANDER: NATO REACTION FORCE COULD BE DEPLOYED PREEMPTIVELY
Russia's response - "not surprised" NATO is trying to dominate Europe, adding that "NATO plans undermine the Ukraine peace process."
As Bloomberg reports,
U.K. General Adrian Bradshaw, NATO’s deputy supreme commander speaks to reporters at North Atlantic Treaty Organization summit in Newport, Wales.
NATO to assemble range of indicators and warnings that suggest when it’s time for some sort of preemptive deterrent deployment. It’s about making clear to potential adversaries “that engaging in offensive operations against NATO is not something they would wish to do”: Bradshaw
Bradshaw said not yet clear when spearhead force will be operational. “We would expect a force of this nature to be achieving initial operating capability within a matter of a number of months, maybe a year. But building the capability to its full spectrum of required capabilities would require a certain amount of time”
- *BRADSHAW SAYS RUSSIAN FORCES STILL SUPPORTING UKRAINE REBELS
- *BRADSHAW: NO CHANGE ON GROUND WITH RUSSIAN TROOPS IN UKRAINE
The Russian foreign ministry adds,
- *RUSISA SAYS RESULTS OF WALES NATO SUMMIT AREN'T SURPRISING
- *RUSSIA SAYS NATO TRYING TO DOMINATE IN EUROPE
- *RUSSIA SAYS NATO IS SUPPORTING EXTREMISTS IN UKRAINE
- *RUSSIA SAYS NATO PLANS UNDERMINE UKRAINE PEACE PROGRESS