Who could have seen that coming!!??? Apparently Draghi could not clarify exactly what he meant in 90 minutes, 3 hours ago!!!!
- *ECB SAID TO PREPARE BROAD-BASED QE PACKAGE FOR JANUARY MEETING
So, despite telling us earlier than not January and not ready, we get this spurious headline just as EURUSD crossed 1.2450... Fun-durr-mentals indeed.
Here is Bloomberg's Jana Randow:
- European Central Bank Governing Council expects to consider proposal for broad-based asset program including sovereign debt next month, two euro-area central-bank officials familiar with deliberations said.
- Package envisaged to include all kinds of bonds, no equities
- Package hasn’t been designed yet; no decision on implementation taken yet
- Composition of package may be influenced by incoming data
- Officials asked not to be identified because discussion is private
- ECB spokesman declines to comment
We would guess this is thanks to ECB's Daniele Nouy who is speaking at a German Finance Ministry event.
Here's the machines reading the headlines...
Currencies at 12:32 pic.twitter.com/A3kZjF3bFs— Eric Scott Hunsader (@nanexllc) December 4, 2014
Is the market really going to fall for this again?!
* * *
And now Bloomberg is retracting:
Which is odd, because moments after we posted the tweet by Bloomberg's Eurozone economist, he promptly took it down (see here). A phone call from Frankfurt perhaps?