Citing "softening market conditions influenced by oil," US Steel has issued lay-off warnings to 756 workers in the US... Layoffs will begin in early March as both Ohio and Texas plants will be idled.
- *U.S. STEEL SAYS 756 WORKERS GOT WARN NOTICES
- *U.S. STEEL SAYS 614 WORKERS AT LORAIN TUBE PLANT, OHIO
- *U.S. STEEL SAYS 142 WORKERS AT TEXAS PLANT
- *U.S. STEEL CITES SOFTENING MARKET CONDITIONS INFLEUCNED BY OIL
- *U.S. STEEL SAYS LAYOFFS TO BEGIN EARLY MARCH
- *U.S. STEEL SAYS BOTH PLANTS WILL BE TEMPORARILY IDLED
Where's Larry Kudlow? But what about the lower costs? What about the "unequivocally good" meme?