With an increasingly vitriolic tone, the new Greek government has come out swinging today with leader Alexis Tsipras making it clear that he will implement the election pledges the people of Greece voted for:
- A NEW GREEK GOVT WILL BARGAIN TOUGH, AND PUT A FINAL END TO THE TROIKA AND ITS POLICIES
- WE MANAGED TO DECONSTRUCT THE EUROPEAN STATUS QUO THAT WANTS MORE AUSTERITY AND LESS DEMOCRACY
It took one week, Tsipras chides, to get European leaders to talk about the real problems and Greece will negotiate hard to "put an end to Troika."
- *GREECE'S TSIPRAS SAYS GREEK PEOPLE WRITING HISTORY, DETERMINED
- *TSIPRAS SAYS WILL NOT ALLOW FIRESALE OF NATIONAL WEALTH
- *TSIPRAS SAYS NEW GOVT WILL NEGOTIATE HARD, PUT AN END TO TROIKA
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT TO PRESENT ITS OWN ROADMAP TO EXIT CRISIS
- *TSIPRAS SAYS ONLY TOOK ONE WEEK TO CHANGE EU DISCUSSION AGENDA
- *TSIPRAS: TOOK ONE WEEK TO GET EU TO TALK ABOUT REAL PROBLEMS
- *TSIPRAS SAYS WILL IMPLEMENT ELECTION CAMPAIGN PLEDGES
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT DOESN'T THREATEN BALANCE IN EUROPE
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT DETERMINED TO OVERHAUL PUBLIC ADMINISTRATION
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT HAS CONCRETE, STRATEGIC NEGOTIATION PLAN
- *TSIPRAS: GOVT PRESENTED ITS PLAN TO CREDITORS, GAINED ALLIES
- *TSIPRAS SAYS WAITING WITH GREAT INTEREST FOR GERMAN PROPOSALS
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT COMMITTED TO EU RULES, WILL RESPECT THEM
- *TSIPRAS SAYS NOT AIMING TO CREATE NEW DIVIDE IN EUROPE
- *TSIPRAS SAYS AUSTERITY IS NOT A EUROPEAN UNION RULE
And then the ECB chimes in...
- *KNOT SAYS ECB DOESN'T SEE PROOF THAT GREEK PROGRAM ON TRACK
* * *
And Tsipras counters...
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GOVT GUARANTEES GREEK BANK SYSTEM DEPOSITS SAFE
"We will make the impossible, possible to turn things around in Greece"
* * *
- *TSIPRAS SAYS WE NEED TO REBUILD COUNTRY FROM THE BEGINNING
- *TSIPRAS SAYS GREEK, EUROPEAN DEMOCRACY CANNOT BE BLACKMAILED