Well that escalated quickly.
AAPL stock surged exuberantly on news of a gold Macbook - ran Friday's high stops... then started to tumble on the Apple Watch release, but things got really bad once the Christy Turlington cheesey infomercial kicked in:
The commentary in The Verge was harsh:
- And Christy Turlington Burns is here!
- "She is incredibly impressive. She is Christy Turlington Burns."
- I can't even with this video. It's about maternal health in Africa, with Apple Watch product placement.
- Christy Turlington Burns sadly does not ride a giraffe onto the stage.
- This is so embarassing I want to die.
- "This is my fashion favorite I have to say." "Yes, oh yes."
- Christy wants to beat her marathon record, and the Apple Watch is going to help her get there. Because it injects dopamine directly into your bloodstream.
- Christy is going to do a blog on Apple.com about running omg.
And the punchline:
- Apple has reached the "forced fake Q&A with celebrities" portion of its keynote lifecycle.
End result not good, now that even the fanboys appear to be turning off:
Losing $17 billion in market cap... or 1.7 million $10k Edition watches