In the wake of reports that Greece could be headed for a "Lehman Weekend" complete with capital controls and an "emergency" Sunday meeting, the headlines are coming fast and furious on Tuesday morning, with Tsipras calling the IMF's stance "criminal" and Merkel digging in for the worst.
Merkel and Tsipras play headline hockey...
- TSIPRAS SAYS OLIGARCHS NOT PENSIONERS SHOULD PAY FOR CRISIS
- TSIPRAS SAYS ECB INSISTS ON TACTICS THAT STRANGLE GREECE
- TSIPRAS SAYS CREDITORS' PROPOSALS LEAD TO DEEPER RECESSION
- TSIPRAS: IMF HAS `CRIMINAL' RESPONSIBILITY FOR GREEK SITUATION
- MERKEL SAYS UNFORTUNATELY NOT MUCH THAT'S NEW ON GREECE
- TSIPRAS SAYS TIME FOR EUROPE TO CONSIDER FUTURE OF EURO AREA
- MERKEL SAYS GREECE MUST REACH DEAL WITH CREDITOR INSTITUTIONS
- MERKEL SAYS CAN'T SAY IF CREDITORS, GREECE WILL AGREE BY THURS
The un-conciliatory tone was met with EUR selling...