While we await the full Twitter slidedeck presentation, here are the key results as they come in. First, the good news: Q3 was not bad...
- TWITTER 3Q ADJ. EPS 10C EST. 5C
- TWITTER, Q3 REVENUE OF $569 MILLION
- TWITTER Q3 MAUS EXCLUDING SMS FAST FOLLOWERS 307 MILLION, UP 8% Y/Y AND UP 3 MILLION FROM THE PRIOR QUARTER
... And now, the bad - guidance sucked:
- TWITTER 3Q MAU 320M, EST. 324M
- TWITTER SEES 4Q REV. $695M-$710M, EST. $741.6M
- TWITTER, SEES 4Q ADJ EBITDA $155M-$175M, EST. $197.97M
Some more detail on the current quarter:
We don't even need to see the non-GAAP bridges, shown below...
... to know that Jack Dorsey is trying to make this a "kitchen sink" quarter, although for the time being the stock is hardly happy with the results.
... despite such news slides as changes in "monetization metrics."