As reported earlier Texas, and five other states, including Louisiana, Alabama, Arkansas, Indiana, and Michigan announced that in the aftermath of the Paris attack, they have rescinded their invitations to Syrian refugees. Some of the excerpts:
"Michigan is a welcoming state and we are proud of our rich history of immigration," Michigan governor Rick Snyder said, according to the Detroit Free Press. "But our first priority is protecting the safety of our residents."
“The acts of terror committed over the weekend are a tragic reminder to the world that evil exists and takes the form of terrorists who seek to destroy the basic freedoms we will always fight to preserve," Alabama Gov. Robert Bentley said in his statement. "I will not place Alabamians at even the slightest, possible risk of an attack on our people," he added.
"As Governor I will oppose Syrian refugees being relocated to Arkansas," Arkansas Gov. Asa Hutchinson tweeted.
"Indiana has a long tradition of opening our arms and homes to refugees from around the world but, as governor, my first responsibility is to ensure the safety and security of all Hoosiers," Indiana Governor Mike Pence wrote in a statement. "Unless and until the state of Indiana receives assurances that proper security measures are in place, this policy will remain in full force and effect.”
But while these states profess to putting the safety of their citizens first and foremost, then perhaps the Federal government is looking for... more explosions? At least that is the initial take on the statement by the State Department spokesman Mark Toner who said that the United States "still plans to try to admit 10,000 Syrian refugees into the country in the coming year, the State Department said on Monday as the weekend attacks in Paris renewed scrutiny on Syrian migrants."
"These refugees are subject to the highest level security checks of any category of traveler to the United States," State Department spokesman Mark Toner told a news briefing. "We think we can do this safely and in a way that reflects American values."
And the punchline:
- CARDIN: U.S. WILL ONLY ACCEPT CAREFULLY VETTED SYRIAN REFUGEES
Better vetted than the Syrian rebels the US had been supplied weapons and ammo to for the past 2 years, who turned out to be both Al Qaeda and ISIS.
Also what is the penalty for incorrectly checking off the box saying one is not a suicide bomber?
And since Obama will generously provide at least 44 states as the new home for tens of thousands of Syrian refugees in 2016, then it is safe to assume that another 100,000 Syrians will be admitted in 2017, as Obama had announced previously. Recall that the "Obama administration is willing to accept to 100,000 annually in 2017, a significant increase over the current worldwide cap of 70,000. Kerry further added that the US would explore ways to increase the limit beyond 100,000 in future years while carrying out background checks to ensure that the refugees have not been infiltrated."
Ah yes, background checks.
Anyway, as we showed earlier, this is where these tens (or hundreds) of thousands of Syrian refugees will be living soon. With six of the states crossed out, that means the other 44 will now have to accommodate that many more Syrians...
... who incidentally are running away from a civil war that the CIA itself started in an attempt to overthrow Assad with a puppet ruler who will bend to every "western" whim, especially those involving Qatari pipelines.