There’s a Petition at Change.org to suspend Turkey’s membership in NATO.
Why kick Turkey out of NATO?
- Turkey just shut down the largest Turkish newspaper using tear gas, water canons and brutality:
- Turkey imprisons more journalists than any other country in the world
- Journalists – such as Dutch reporter Frederike Geerdink or Vice News’ Mohammed Rasool – are regularly detained on spurious charges
- Twitter reports that the Turkish government made more content removal requests than any other in the world … before completely blocking Twitter and Youtube
- After reporters, local police and Turkish generals caught a weapons shipment from Turkey into Syria, they were all arrested on “treason” charges for exposing the shipment
- Turkey’s president says he doesn’t have to follow the rulings of Turkey’s top court
- Turkey is one of the main supporters of ISIS and Al Nusra
- Turkey provided the chemical weapons used in the famous attacks which killed hundreds in Syria. Pulitzer-prize winning investigative reporter Seymour Hersh – who uncovered the Iraq prison torture scandal and the Mai Lai massacre in Vietnam – previously reported that high-level American sources tell him that the Turkish government carried out the chemical weapons attacks blamed on the Syrian government
Unless reined in, Turkey may well get us into WW3 with Russia
Why are we allowing such an antidemocratic, tin pot dictatorship to stay in NATO?