Silver Krugerrands Produced By South African Mint - New Source Of Demand For Silver Coins
As interest in silver investment expands throughout the world, the South African Mint will produce its first Silver Krugerrand (1 oz ) which will be released this November.
Silver Krugerrands (1 oz) 2017 (Source: SRSrocco)
As reported by Steve St. Angelo on Silver Seek:
"This is quite remarkable as the South African Mint has been producing Gold Krugerrands since 1967.
Matter-a-fact, the South African Mint has produced over 50 million oz of Gold Krugerrands over the past 49 years. It is the largest Official Gold coin producer in the world. The U.S. Mint’s Gold Eagle comes in second with over 22 million oz produced since the program started in 1987.
With the 50 year anniversary of the minting of the Gold Krugerrand in 2017, the South African Government will also release a new 1 oz Platinum Krugerrand along with its new silver coin. They also plan on adding some addition sizes of the Gold Krugerrand, such as a 1/20th, 1/50th oz variants as well as a 5 oz coin.
However, the big deal for the silver investor will be the new 1 oz Silver Krugerrand. The South African Mint plans on releasing 500,000 of the 1 oz 2017 Silver Krugerrand next year, along with 15,000 proofs."
Gold and Silver Bullion - News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
01 Nov: USD 1,284.40, GBP 1,048.58 & EUR 1,167.52 per ounce
31 Oct: USD 1,274.20, GBP 1,046.25 & EUR 1,163.22 per ounce
28 Oct: USD 1,265.90, GBP 1,042.47 & EUR 1,160.96 per ounce
27 Oct: USD 1,269.30, GBP 1,038.29 & EUR 1,162.93 per ounce
26 Oct: USD 1,273.90, GBP 1,043.45 & EUR 1,166.13 per ounce
25 Oct: USD 1,269.30, GBP 1,037.53 & EUR 1,165.85 per ounce
24 Oct: USD 1,267.00, GBP 1,034.89 & EUR 1,163.61 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
01 Nov: USD 18.24, GBP 14.91 & EUR 16.54 per ounce
31 Oct: USD 17.76, GBP 14.59 & EUR 16.22 per ounce
28 Oct: USD 17.61, GBP 14.51 & EUR 16.13 per ounce
27 Oct: USD 17.66, GBP 14.41 & EUR 16.16 per ounce
26 Oct: USD 17.66, GBP 14.46 & EUR 16.17 per ounce
25 Oct: USD 17.73, GBP 14.49 & EUR 16.30 per ounce
24 Oct: USD 17.64, GBP 14.41 & EUR 16.19 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
- Trump “Will Probably Win” and Gold “May Rise $100” Overnight – Rickards
- World Is Out of Weapons
- Gold Is The “Kardashian of Commodities” – Herbert & Keiser Interview Skoyles
- Value of Gold – Unlike Paper Currency Gold Maintained Value Throughout Ages
- Fed Risks Lehman Crisis As US Recession Storm Gathers
- Silver Eagle Demand ‘Returned with a Vengeance’
- Cashless Society – War On Cash to Benefit Gold?
- “Higher Gold Prices” On Global Trade Slowdown – HSBC
- Euro “Will Collapse” As Is “House of Cards” Warns Architect of Euro
- Property Bubble In Ireland Developing Again
- “Gold Is A Great Hedge Against Politicians” – Goldman
- Sell Gold Now – Time To Liquidate Gold ETF, Pooled and Digital Gold
- Gold In GBP Up 43% YTD – “Massive Twin Deficits” To Impact UK Assets