"Self-esteem is something of great value.
It is strange, because others cannot give you self-esteem,
but they can steal it from you,
by doing for you what you can do for yourself."
A bit late this year, but here it is! hedgeless_horseman's nearly-annual Twelve Days of Christmas shopping list for the ZeroHedge readers and others in your life.
1) Unconditional Love. $0
This is the one thing every person wants and needs more than anything else, especially our children. It took me nearly two years of hard work to figure this out. The cost may be cheap, but actually delivering the goods is certainly not easy. The benefits are priceless.
2) Everything I Want To Do Is Illegal: War Stories from the Local Food Front, by Joel Salatin. $11
mrs_horseman and I love this guy. If you haven't seen Joel in the excellent movie, Food, Inc., then do watch it.
3) Real Love and Freedom for the Soul - Eliminating the Chains of Victimhood, by Greg Baer, MD. $25
What to get for yourself if there are people close to you that frequently play the victim. Truly, this is pretty much all of us.
"At the root of all our anger, our feelings of separation from each other, and our problems in relationships is our belief that we have been victimized: we believe we have been hurt, slighted, or treated unfairly in some way."
4) Hellstorm: The Death Of Nazi Germany, 1944-1947, by Thomas Goodrich. $26
This is the book to give those on your list that seem unable to understand how bad things can get on this planet, and the horrors we are all capable of as human beings. It will shake them and wake them. It is also a good illustration of how governments lie, and why we should not fuck with Russia.
5) Estwing American-Made Black Eagle Tomahawk. $40
Want a quality in-vehicle accessory to give the Trump Voter on your list that either lives in a gun-free-zone or doesn't carry a firearm, but who doesn't want to be the next Reginald Denny to get dragged out of his vehicle and beaten without putting up a fight? They sell these at Home Depot...no waiting period. It fits nicely between the driver's seat and center console. If anyone asks me, I am always on my way to a park, beach, forest, home, or someplace where I will need this tool.
6) U.S. Military Surplus GORE-TEX Bivy Cover. Like New, Genuine GORE-TEX® waterproof, breathable, sealed seams. $44
A great gift for your friends that just need to get the fuck out of the city for a weekend and figure shit out.
When I say camping out, I mean under a blanket, or maybe in a sleeping bag, on the ground, maybe with a pad, definitely not in a trailer, not in an RV, and not even in a tent. If it rains, pull out a tarp, or at most a bivey sack.
For the person on your list that needs to practice disintermediation in their health, and build self-esteem. Manduka makes extra-long versions of both items for people over 6 feet tall.
It took me maybe 30 minutes to do all nine of the simple exercises, with the prescribed rest and meditation poses between each set. I was suprised. They were not difficult. With a little instruction, I believe almost anyone can do them.
8) The hedgeless_horseman's Revolutionary Call to Arms Complete Library of 11 Paperback Books. $175
The gift for the person on your list that thinks...
That the US Government is corrupt is not the question. They are.
The questions are;
WHAT CAN THE AVERAGE CITIZEN DO ABOUT IT?
HOW CAN THIS BE STOPPED?
For the life me, I do not have those answers.
THAT is the issue; what can someone do?
- hedgeless_horseman's Revolutionary Call to Arms
- Propaganda, by Edward Bernays.
- Fahrenheit 451, by Ray Bradbury.
- Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley
- The Creature from Jekyll Island: A Second Look at the Federal Reserve - 5th Edition, by G. Edward Griffin
- 1984, by George Orwell
- The Law, by Frédéric Bastiat.
- The Constitution of the United States and The Bill of Rights.
- Animal Farm, by George Orwell.
- War is a Racket, by Smedley D. Butler.
- On Killing: The Psychological Cost of Learning to Kill in War and Society, by Dave Grossman.
- Anatomy of the State, by Murray Rothbard.
What to to get for the special woman in your life, regardless if she is like Cathy, or like Amy. If you need to take her on a vacation to a nice place to do it, then so be it.
When I think about Amy and Cathy, I cannot help but feel that this is the beginning of a trend caused, at least in part, by the fact that women now have a much higher labor force participation rate than men, meaning more stress, and a lower quality of life, especially in a recession.
10) Bike Friday Tikit folding bike. $2,900
For the loved one that is always getting sick and injured from being overweight, or is just tired of bombing brown people to steal their oil, and wants to do something about it, TODAY, that will also improve his personal financial situation.
11) A SIG Sauer Piston-Driven Rifle with Everything To Defend Your Freedom. $4759
For the person, maybe even you, that Wants To Secure a Free State and Become A Rifleman Without Joining the US Military.
- 1 SIG Sauer SIG516 Patrol. $1,650
- 1 Trijicon 4x32 ACOG, Dual Illuminated Red Chevron .223 Ballistic Reticle w/ TA51 Flattop Mount. $1,277
- 1 Dueck Defense Rapid Transition Sight™ with Trijicon Night Sights – Set (Front & Rear). $300
- 1 Urban ERT Urban-Sentry Two Point/ One Point Hybrid Sling. $50
- 1 Streamlight TLR-2 laser and visible white light. $260
- 1 Blue Force Gear Ten-Speed M4 Chest Rig. $78
- 1 First Spear 5.56 Fight Strap Bandoleer. $84
- 20 Magpul PMAG P30 Gen M3 30-Round Magazines. $300
- 2000 rounds of 5.56 PPU M193 55gr. FMJ Ammo In Sealed Battle Packs. $716
The good news is that there are newer rifles that blend the reliability of the AK's gas piston with the accuracy and lighter weight of the AR, and do so in a design that was meant to accommodate either 5.56 or 7.62 from its inception.
12) Immersive, scenario based, tactical live fire and force on force training. $1,142
For the American on your list that already has a quality rifle, knows how to use it, and wants to learn to fight on a team.
- Contact! A Tactical Manual for Post Collapse Survival, by Max Velocity $27
- Patriot Dawn, by Max Velocity $20
- Patriot Rising, by Max Velocity $20
- Rifle Skills Class, Combat Team Tactics, Night Firing $1,075
Tactical classes specialize in the teaching of combat proven, adapted, legitimate light infantry tactics, techniques and procedures. Training is informed by a background and experience in SOF/elite forces, and additionally by close protection / paramilitary contracting work.