A record number of firearms was discovered in carry-on bags in the U.S. in 2016, according to the Transportation Security Administration. In total, 3,391 firearms were found in carry-on bags at TSA checkpoints across the country -- averaging more than nine per day - an amazing 28% rise from 2015 and a shocking 250% increase since President Obama first took office.
Guns were discovered in 238 airports across America with Atlanta the highest...
- Hartsfield-Jackson Atlanta International Airport (ATL):198
- Dallas/Fort Worth International (DFW): 192
- George Bush Intercontinental Airport - Houston (IAH):128
- Phoenix Sky Harbor International (PHX):101
- Denver International (DEN): 98
- Orlando International Airport (MCO):86
- Nashville International (BNA):80
- Tampa International (TPA):79
- Austin-Bergstrom International Airport (AUS):78
- Salt Lake City International (SLC):75
In addition to firearms discovered last year...
Passengers decide to travel with many other hazardous items... (real or not)
And here the 10 most unusual items discovered by TSA agents in carry-on luggage...