North Korea's disgruntled dictator - whose fate is looking more precarious by the day - Kim Jong-un has released a propaganda video in which a US aircraft carrier is blown up while a US strategic bomber shot down in flames. The clip also includes footage from the communist state’s recent ballistic missile launches are shown alongside a simple message: “a knife will be stabbed into the throat of the carrier.” The video declares: “The bomber will fall from the sky after getting hit by a hail of fire.” Footage also shows the USS Carl Vinson nuclear-powered aircraft carrier up in flames.
The 2 minute clip has emerged just days after Kim threatened to reduce the US “to ashes” as tensions with North Korea continue to increase, which in turn followed a warning by Tillerson that the US is preparing for a "first strike" against the irrational dictator, while US special forces conduct drills in South Korea to "eliminate" the country's ruler.
It comes after a statement earlier this month warned Donald Trump of nuclear destruction if America fires “even a single bullet” towards Pyongyang. In it the country warned that “the Korean People’s Army will reduce the bases of aggression and provocation to ashes with its invincible Hwasong rockets tipped with nuclear warheads and reliably defend the security of the country and its people’s happiness in case the US and the South Korean puppet forces fire even a single bullet at the territory of the DPRK.”
The menacing talk came as South Korea warned over the weekend that its northern neighbor’s latest rocket-engine test showed “meaningful” progress. As reported on Sunday, the KCNA news agency said the engine would help the country achieve world-class satellite-launch capability – indicating a new type of rocket engine for an intercontinental ballistic missile.
In further acts of defiance, North Korea has declared it is not scared of recent US threats of possible pre-emptive military action to stop its nuclear build-up.
US President Donald Trump told reporters he held meetings on North Korea during the weekend at his Florida resort. While he did not refer specifically to the rocket-engine test, he said Kim Jong-un was “acting very, very badly.” Trump and members of his administration have been talking tough on North Korea since the Republican took office back in January.
As a reminder, last Friday Secretary of State Rex Tillerson announced the “policy of strategic patience” was over and refused to rule out military action. He said: “The diplomatic and other efforts of the past 20 years to bring North Korea to a point of de-nuclearisation have failed. So we have 20 years of a failed approach.
“And that includes a period in which the US provided $1.35billion (£1.08billion) in assistance to North Korea as an encouragement to take a different pathway.” He added: “If they elevate the threat of their weapons program to a level we believe requires action that option is on the table.”
Meanwhile, as Reuters reported, fearing a possible attack, Japan started staging mass evacuation drills. In the first exercise of its kind saw civilians young and old scrambling for cover as air-raid sirens wailed.
The video is below: