Amazon and Alphabet are surging after hours after big beats but Microsoft is fading (missed on revenues and capex) and Starbucks is sliding on a disappointing same store sales comp.
Alphabet Big Beat
- *ALPHABET 1Q EPS $7.73, GAAP EST. $7.42
- *ALPHABET 1Q PAID CLICKS +44%
- Q1 Revs. $24.75B vs. $24.22B Est.
Major decoupling from 2017 expectation still
Amazon Big Beat:
- *AMAZON 1Q NET SALES $35.7B, EST. $35.3B
- *AMAZON 1Q AWS NET SALES $3.66B, EST. $3.63B
- *AMAZON 1Q EPS $1.48, GAAP EST. $1.08
But the decoupling remains...
Microsoft Beat on Earnings BUT miss on Revenues and big miss on Capex
- *MICROSOFT 3Q ADJ EPS 73C, EST. 70C
- *MICROSOFT 3Q ADJ REV $23.56B, EST. $23.6sB
- *MICROSOFT 3Q INTELLIGENT CLOUD REV. $6.76B, EST. $6.61B
- Microsoft 3Q capital expenditures $1.70b, est. $2.27b (range $1.88b-$2.84b)
- *STARBUCKS 2Q ADJ EPS 45C, EST. 45C
- *STARBUCKS 2Q COMP SALES +3%, EST. +3.6%
Still we are sure it will catch up...
- *GOPRO 1Q REV. $218.6M, EST. $208.1M
- *GOPRO 1Q ADJ. LOSS/SHR 44C, EST. LOSS 44C
- *GOPRO SEES 2Q REV. ABOUT $260M-$280M, EST. $242.9M
And Intel Beat and upped its buybacks
- *INTEL SEES 2Q REV. $14.4B, EST. $14.3B
- *INTEL SEES 2Q ADJ EPS 68C, EST. 64C
- *INTEL BOOSTS BUYBACK PROGRAM BY $10 BLN; RAISES YEAR VIEWS
Expedia Missed on EPS
- *EXPEDIA 1Q REV. $2.19B, EST. $2.14B
- *EXPEDIA 1Q ADJ EPS 5C, EST. 6C
And the result of that - INTC is down despite raiusing outlook, GPRO pumped and dumped, and EXPE is fading...