So what Jefferson was saying was,
"Hey! You know, we left this England place because it was bogus.
So if we don't get some cool rules ourselves, pronto,
we'll just be bogus too."
I was recently asked by a person in the UK government to list the steps I would like to see the US government take in order to actually Make America Great Again.
Here are my first ten actions, in no particular order, with a little bit of color commentary:
Or the next bailouts are far less likely to be as peaceful as the last bailouts.
2) Require an independent and public audit of all of the Federal Reserve Banks, every year
I know you snuck the 99 year renewel by us, but never in more than 100 years is just a bit too long between audits.
3) Pass and actually enforce a Balanced Budget Amendment
Stop enslaving us, our children, and grandchildren with more debt just to buy yourselves votes and provide passive income for the very wealthy.
4) Pass a Flat Tax Amendment, not to exceed 10%, no deductions, with an equivalent rate for income and capital gains
"We hold these truths to be self-evident, that all men are created equal."
Stop it with the boogey man scare tactics.
6) Close all 800 or so overseas military bases and cancel all foreign aid
Make America great again, not Turkistan, not Israel, not Afghanistan, not Poland, not the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia, but America.
So, it is bad for Russia to influence our elections, but ok for Mexico, Israel, and Saudi Arabia? Stop the hypocrisy.
8) Pass a law that limits US Senators and Congressmen to two terms
Let us have more democracy and less oligarchy.
Pardon Ed Snowden!
I know, naive, right? Well, I fear that if we stop dreaming, then we lose hope. I am not ready to lose hope. I love the USA too much.
I wish we could hear our so-called elected representatives argue against these ten simple items, but I realize that it will probably never happen.
Who are they really working for?
14. Read, Animal Farm, by George Orwell.
15. Research your two senators and one congressman at www.opensecrets.org Make a list of their 10 biggest donors, and send the list to your "representative" in an email or letter.
Please share what you see as the pros and cons of each step, or suggestions for other steps, in the comments below.
Peace, prosperity, and liberty,