Earlier this week, following a series of interviews with Matt Lauer, Megyn Kelly and Dr. Oz, Corey Feldman announced via twitter that he had filed a formal complaint with the Los Angeles Police Department regarding a pedophilia ring that he says has persisted in Hollywood since he burst onto the scene as America's favorite child actor in the 80's.
IMPORTANT CAMPAIGN UPD8: I JUST COMPLETED A FORMAL SIT DOWN INTERVIEW W @LAPDHQ SPECIAL DIVISION, & GAVE THEM ALL THE INFO I KNOW! THIS WAS— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) November 7, 2017
OFFICIALLY THE 1ST FORMAL REPORT EVER TAKEN ON ANY OF MY CASES, AS SBPD NEVER FOLLOWED UP BACK IN 1993, & HAS NO RECORD OF MY COMPLAINTS.— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) November 7, 2017
THE LAPD WILL BEGIN AN OFFICIAL INVESTIGATION NOW! THINGS R HEATING UP, IM PRAYING 4 SAFETY! PLEASE HELP: https://t.co/wU3kV0cBOI— Corey Feldman (@Corey_Feldman) November 7, 2017
Of course, Feldman's credibility on the topic was questioned last week after he told Matt Lauer that he would only name names if he could raise $10 million to make a full-length motion picture about his abuse...which led many, including Lauer, to question whether Feldman's story was real or just a self-enrichment scheme.
Alas, we now seem to have some level of confirmation that Feldman has a real story to tell as the Los Angeles police department has confirmed to the Hollywood Reporter that he did, in fact, file a full report which has been referred to the department's "Robbery/Homicide Division" for investigation.
Los Angeles police have opened an investigation into the claims from Corey Feldman that a pedophile ring has been victimizing young actors for years in Hollywood, LAPD detective Ross Nemeroff confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter.
"When a report is filed on something as severe as this, an investigation is opened by the robbery/homicide division (which also handles sex crimes)," Nemeroff told THR.
Of course, as we pointed out last week, Feldman did identify one of his six alleged attackers, during an appearance on the Dr. Oz show, as his former assistant John Grissom.
Feldman has been a fixture on the daytime talk show circuit since first revealing in mid-2006 that he and his friend Corey Haim were the victims of a Hollywood pedophilia ring. Feldman said he wanted to name Grissom in his 2013 memoir Coreyography, but his lawyers warned him not to.
Feldman has said the men repeatedly molested him, while Haim was repeatedly raped - a trauma that Feldman said contributed to Haim’s death by drug overdose.
Of course, Feldman’s claims are receiving new attention amid the deluge of accusations of sexual assault and abuse that have been levied against many powerful figures in the entertainment and media industries. Actor Kevin Spacey saw Netflix cancel his series “House of Cards” after actor Anthony Rapp said Spacey molested him in the 1980s.
Combined with the Weinstein accusations and a whole host of new allegations of treacherous behavior that spring up daily, Hollywood seems to be growing very close to its inevitable end game: complete self-destruction.