In a trend which should surprise exactly nobody, another member of the Mueller team has been found to have deep ties to Trump's opponents.
Fox News host Tucker Carlson has obtained documents which reveal Aaron Zebley, considered to be Special Counsel Robert Mueller's "right hand man," defended Hillary Clinton IT staffer Justin Cooper - a Bill Clinton aide that installed the "private, illegal" server in the Clintons' Chappaqua home described by Politico as "jerry-rigged."
Aaron Zebley | WilmerHale
Zebley, a former WilmerHale partner who defended Cooper in 2015 in front of the Senate Homeland Security and Government Affairs Committee, was specifically called out by in a letter to Cooper for stonewalling the investigation, and his "complete refusal to engage the committee in a discussion about how to further assuage your concerns."
Carlson points out that Zebley's history as an attorney linked to Hillary Clinton is a compromised position.
Take that in for a minute. A lawyer who played a defense role in the federal investigation into Hillary Clinton is now playing an offensive role in the federal investigation into President Trump. -Tucker Carlson
The news about Mueller's 'right hand man' is directly linked to FBI agent Peter Strzok - the man fired from Mueller's probe who headed up both the Clinton email investigation and the original Trump-Russia investigation and was caught sending anti-Trump / pro-Hillary text messages to his mistress. This makes two original Mueller investigators directly linked to the Clinton email investigation.
And according to journalist Sara Carter, more anti-trump messages have reportedly been sent by members of Mueller's team, stating on Sean Hannity's program this week "A lot more is going to come out."
As we have been reporting since the Mueller investigation began, the special counsel is a hot partisan mess - stacked with investigators who have donated to Obama, Clinton and other Democrat causes. As Jessica McBride reported inHeavy:
- Andrew Weissmann: Weissmann is a Barack Obama and Democratic campaign donor, according to federal records. “Weissmann, who led the Enron investigation, previously gave $2,300 to Obama’s first presidential campaign in 2008 and $2,000 to the Democratic National Committee in 2006
- Jeannie Rhee: donated $5,400 to Hillary Clinton in 2015 and 2016, according to FEC records. The records show she gave $2,500 each to Obama for America and Obama Victory Fund 2012 in 2011
- Andrew Goldstein: According to Fox News, “Goldstein contributed a combined $3,300 to Obama’s campaigns in 2008 and 2012”
- Greg Andres: FEC records show that Andres has donated at least $2,700 to Senator Kirsten Gillibrand (D-NY)
- James Quarles: Donated thousands of dollars to the campaigns of Hillary Clinton and Barack Obama. He has also donated money recently to other Democrats, including Friends of Chuck Schumer and two other Democrats. He has a lengthy donation history dating back years. He did donate to two Republicans over the years, however.
- Elizabeth Prelogar: A former law clerk to Justics Ruth Bader Ginsburg and Elena Kagen, gave $250 to Hillary Clinton in 2016, according to FEC records. She also gave $500 total to Obama for America and the Obama Victory Fund 2012.
- Brandon Van Grack: gave small amounts to ActBlue, an effort to raise money for Democrats, and to a Democratic candidate for Congress in 2012. In 2008, he gave about $286 to Barack Obama.
- Rush Atkinson: donated $200 to Clinton’s campaign in 2016.
- Kyle Freeny: In 2012, Freeny gave $300 to Obama. In 2008, Freeny also gave $250 to Obama, FEC records show.
One wonders if the special counsel is now so tainted that it whatever they conclude will forever be mired in doubt.