We interview our friend Ronald-Peter Stoeferle, partner in Incrementum in Liechtenstein and author of the must read, annual gold report 'In Gold We Trust' in this the fifth episode of the Goldnomics Podcast.
There are 3 key “tides of change” that Ronni has analysed and he warns that the "liquidity party" of the last 10 years is coming to an end and this will impact stocks, bonds, property, bitcoin and gold in the coming years.
Stephen Flood, CEO of GoldCore and Research Director and respected precious metals commentator Mark O'Byrne are once again joined by Dave Russell to discuss with Ronni the tides of change, the negative effects of quantitative tightening (QT) and what this will mean for the markets and asset classes including gold, silver and bitcoin.
Topics covered in this episode of The Goldnomics Podcast are
- Have we expected too much of gold over the past few years?
- What will be the catalyst which changes sentiment towards gold?
- While it is relatively cheap - Is this the perfect time to buy gold?
- Why is Bitcoin stealing gold’s lustre?
- What is the best way to own and hold gold to hedge and protect your portfolio?
- What is the best allocation to gold for your portfolio?
- Why will 99% of crypto-currencies fail over the next few years?
- What effect will China have on the dollar and on the gold price?
Listen to the full episode or skip directly to one of the following discussion points
1:11 Introducing our special guest Ronald Peter Stoferle of Incrementum and author of the respected “In Gold We Trust” report
2:26 The 3 tides of change that we are seeing in financial markets
3:07 The Monetary Policy Tide – The end of the party
3:58 The deflationary effect of the monetary policy changes
4:40 Why quantitive tightening will have negative effects for asset values
4.59 The second tide - The De-Dollarization the financial markets
6:08 The Crypto-currency Tide
9:02 The monetary policy versus the monetary order and the elephant in the room
9:50 The flip side of “The Everything Bubble”
10:45 The monetary order
11:30 The only way to get ourselves out of our current economic and financial problem
11:50 The “Pandora’s Box” of liquidity
12:35 Some people are not seeing the benefit of “The Everything Bubble”
13:25 Gold will protect the investor from what is to come
14:55 How the monetary tide will affect the gold price
15:45 Are we expecting too much from gold at the moment?
17:25 When the headwind from asset markets become a tailwind, gold benefits
18:00 Why the current correlation between equities and bonds could be positive for gold when the tides turn
20:20 What allocation to gold is recommended in these markets?
22:20 “Nobody cares about gold at the moment…… that’s why you should have a close look at gold”
23:15 The collapse in Google searches for “Buy gold” versus “Buy Bitcoin”, shows the sentiment is negative towards gold
24:30 No strong opinion from analysts on gold versus 2008, and why this is a positive indicator for gold
26:30 Is currency competition a good thing for the market?
27:45 Why 99% of cryptocurrencies are bogus and will be wiped out in the next few years
28:45 The need for efficient payment technology and how we’ve lost faith in government money
29:45 How central bankers are acting like taxmen and abused their position
31:30 The Gold/Crypto cross-over and what that might mean for the future of money
31:50 The best way to own and hold gold – a gold ETF in a big Wall Street bank – REALLY??
32:30 The only way to hold gold for insurance and hedging purposes
33:10 The important considerations when choosing how you own and hold gold
34:30 Crypto bullion and asset backed cryptos will do well in the future
34:45 Why the notion that Bitcoin is a store of value has yet to be proven
37:15 Remimbi backed oil contracts what effect will this have on for the future? Are they moving in to reserve currency status?
38:30 The dying petro-dollar versus a rising Remimbi all part of the de-dollarization of world markets.
40:00 The flow of gold from East to West, what does this mean?
41:05 Are the rising geopolitical tensions a result of the fundamental flaws of our currency system?
41:45 Can we trace the route of our currency problems back to 1971 and the actions of Richard Nixon?
You can download the “In Gold We Trust” report here:
Or you can follow them on Twitter here: https://twitter.com/IGWTreport
People mentioned in this podcast
Ronald-Peter Stoeferle - https://twitter.com/RonStoeferle
Mark Valek – Co-Author of “In Gold We Trust” - https://twitter.com/MarkValek
Adrian Day - www.adriandayassetmanagement.com/
Friedrich von Hayek - https://twitter.com/FriedrichHayek
Website Mentioned in this video: www.goldcore.com
Make sure you don't miss a single episode......
Subscribe to the Goldnomics Podcasts on iTunes, Soundcloud, or YouTube:
Follow us on social media:
News and Commentary
Gold Prices (LBMA AM)
19 Jun: USD 1,279.00, GBP 971.14 & EUR 1,108.89 per ounce
18 Jun: USD 1,281.25, GBP 966.96 & EUR 1,103.93 per ounce
15 Jun: USD 1,300.10, GBP 978.98 & EUR 1,120.04 per ounce
14 Jun: USD 1,305.30, GBP 971.27 & EUR 1,103.89 per ounce
13 Jun: USD 1,294.40, GBP 971.58 & EUR 1,101.92 per ounce
12 Jun: USD 1,298.30, GBP 968.27 & EUR 1,100.44 per ounce
11 Jun: USD 1,296.05, GBP 969.32 & EUR 1,099.57 per ounce
Silver Prices (LBMA)
19 Jun: USD 16.36, GBP 12.42 & EUR 14.16 per ounce
18 Jun: USD 16.61, GBP 12.53 & EUR 14.29 per ounce
15 Jun: USD 17.23, GBP 12.96 & EUR 14.86 per ounce
14 Jun: USD 17.12, GBP 12.75 & EUR 14.48 per ounce
13 Jun: USD 16.91, GBP 12.68 & EUR 14.37 per ounce
12 Jun: USD 16.85, GBP 12.58 & EUR 14.30 per ounce
11 Jun: USD 16.76, GBP 12.55 & EUR 14.23 per ounce
Recent Market Updates
- Own A “Bit Of Gold” As We Are Moving Ever Closer To A Trade War
- Bitcoin Price To $0 Or $1 Million In One Year? MoneyConf 2018 Poll
- Cashless Society – Good or Bad? MoneyConf 2018 Video
- Do We Still Need Banks In The Age Of Fintech?
- Total US Government Debt Is $200 Trillion – Debt Clock Ticking To Next Crisis
- All Gold is Not Equal - Goldnomics Podcast (Episode 4)
- "Without Gold I Would Have Starved To Death" - ECB Governor
- Swiss Government Pension Fund To Buy Gold Bars Worth Some €600 Million
- Turkey Uses Gold Bullion To Stabilise Its Currency And Economy
- Case for Gold in a Diversified Investment Portfolio
- Get “Positioned In Gold” Now As “You Will Not Have Time To Get Positioned” Later
- Consequences of Ignoring Economic Reality Are Dangerous
- Are Gold And Silver Bullion Obsolete In The Crypto Age?
- In Gold we Trust: 3 Important Factors Leading to the “Turning of the Monetary Tides”
- Silver Trading in Tight $1 Range As Pressure Builds For A Breakout