At this point everyone is so habituated to worthless updates from Greece that we are shocked Bloomberg even noticed. Either way, here is latest Greek headline tape bomb, via BBG, which looks at a leaked Troika draft report obtained by Bloomberg.
- TROIKA DRAFT GREEK ACCORD SAYS 2012 GDP TO SHRINK AS MUCH AS 5% - so make that 15%-25% realistically
- GREECE TO CUT MEDICINE SPENDING TO 1.5% OF GDP FROM 1.9% OF GDP - why not just "cull" 15-20% of the population?
- GREECE PLEDGES TO MERGE ALL AUXILIARY PENSION FUNDS - one problem - following the default, there will be no pension funds left.
- GREECE TO PLEDGE 20% CUT IN MINIMUM WAGE IN TROIKA DRAFT - and Greek citizens pledge to never work again.
- TROIKA DRAFT GREEK ACCORD RENEWS PLEDGE TO CUT 150,000 EMPLOYEE - or the US equivalent of nearly 5 million workers...
- TROIKA DRAFT GREEK ACCORD PLEDGES 15,000 STATE JOB CUTS IN 2012
- GREECE TO PLEDGE ACCELERATED LABOR, PRODUCT MARKETS REFORMS
- GREECE PLEDGES PERMANENT SPENDING CUTS IN TROIKA DRAFT REPORT
- GREECE PLEDGES NOT TO INCREASE SALES-TAX IN DRAFT REPORT
- GREECE RENEWS PLEDGE FOR 1 NEW HIRE FOR EACH 5 DEPARTURES
- GREECE AIMS TO SELL DEPA, DESFA, OPAP, EYDAP, EYATH IN 1H 2012
- GREECE ALSO TARGETS HELLENIC PETROLEUM SALE IN FIRST HALF 2012
But the winner is:
- TROIKA DRAFT GREEK ACCORD SEES RETURN TO GROWTH IN 2013 - OMFG.... no, did they just... HILARIOUS
This from the country that was "just short" of a 9% forecast revenue growth in January with a 7% miss??? Sheer lunacy, and Germany will throw up all over the "pledges" as they have had enough. What is needed are guarantees. And even these are pending since the government meeting is still going on, meaning that Greek "leaders" can't come to an agreement over a set of hollow promises?