With stocks continuing to power higher on elevated hopes for a vaccine by the end of the year, executives from five major drugmakers are testifying Tuesday before a House Energy and Commerce subcommittee panel. The executives will testify about their high-stakes efforts to develop a vaccine. Lawmakers are expected to grill them about plans to develop and distribute the vaccines.
The Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations of the Committee on Energy and Commerce is hosting the hearing. The House Committee on Energy and Commerce is led by Chairman Rep. Frank Pallone, and the subcommittee is led by Rep. Diana DeGette.
Watch live below:
- Dr. Mene Pangalos Executive Vice President, BioPharmaceuticals R&D AstraZeneca
- Dr. Macaya Douoguih Head of Clinical Development and Medical Affairs, Janssen Vaccines Johnson & Johnson
- Dr. Julie Gerberding Executive Vice President and Chief Patient Officer Merck
- Dr. Stephen Hoge President Moderna
- Mr. John Young Chief Business Officer Pfizer
The tesimony is being delivered remotely via Cisco Webex.